If you sign-up for adventure trekking in Nepal, you can choose from various adventurous trails. With brief stops at culturally enriched villages showcasing ancient cultures and endemic rituals, each track will give you memories that last a lifetime. Here are a few treks that you should try out:
Everest High Passes Adventure
Everest High Pass Trek is one of the most demanding treks in Nepal. Starting from the thrilling airport in Lukla, your trek takes you to the Everest Base Camp, Kalapathar, Gokyo Valley, and Gokyo Ri.
The Major Highlights of Everest Adventure Trek
- Kongma La Pass (5,535m), Chola-La Pass (5,363m), and Renjo La Pass(5,360m),
- fantastic views of Mt. Everest (8848m), Thamserku (6608m), Ama Dablam (6856m), Kangtega (6685m), etc., the tranquil lakes of Gokyo,
- The sight of the Khumbu icefall, Ngozumpa Glacier, and glacial lakes,
- Hidden Thame Valley
The Everest High Pass Trek is strenuous and equally rewarding. You will be reaching a maximum altitude of 5,550 meters. Since there will be numerous high-altitude ascents, you will spend time acclimatizing to the heights. This trip can take up to 20 days on average, costing $1499. The ideal times to do this trek are the months of April to June and September to November.
- Everest high passes trek
- Cho la pass trek
- Renjo la pass trek
Manaslu Circuit Adventure
Larke la pass
The Manaslu Circuit Trek is considered one of the best "Tea-house treks" in Nepal. There is a vast availability of fine tea houses around the circuit. It is situated in the west-central region of Nepal.
The Major Highlights of Manaslu Circuit Adventure Trek
- Views of the mountains: Mt. Manaslu(8,163m), Annapurna I (8,091m), Annapurna South (7,219m), Annapurna III (7,555m), and Machhapuchhre (6,997m) to name a few,
- High altitude passes like Larkya La pass (5,160m),
- Visit ancient monasteries like Tong Gompa, Ribung Gompa, and Pung Gyan Gompa,
- Experience the history of the ancient city of Gorkha.
In route, you will notice the trail topography changing daily. You will be ascending a maximum altitude of 5,160 meters. This circuit can take an average of 17 days to complete, costing $999. The best season to go on this trek is the autumn season. October and November and March and April are the best time to go on this trek.
- Manaslu circuit trek
- Annapurna circuit trek
- Tsum valley trek
Adventure Annapurna Circuit
Throng la pass
The Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of Nepal's most traditional yet popular treks. It is situated in the Annapurna region.
The Major Highlights Adventure Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Crossing Thorung La Pass (5,416m),
- Visit Manang Valley, Muktinath Temple-a Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage site,
- The spectacular mountain scenery of the Annapurna Himalayan ranges and the Tibetan plateau,
- Sunrise from Poonhill viewpoint (3193m)
- The lifestyle of the Gurungs, Magars, Chettris, and Newars
The Annapurna circuit trek is undoubtedly moderately complex. You will be reaching a maximum altitude of 5,416 meters. You will be ascending your way through till the Throngla. This circuit can take up to 20 days to complete, with an estimated average cost of $1290. The best seasons to do this trek are during the month's March to May and September to December.
Cho La Trekking
The Cho La Pass is one of the high passes in the Everest Region, with an altitude of 5,420 meters. This is yet another demanding trek that is challenging yet rewarding to the trekkers.
The Major Highlights of this Trek
- Climbing the Gokyo Ri (5360m), Chukkung Ri (5550m), and Kala Patthar (5550m)
- views Mahalangur Himalaya range: Mt. Everest (8848m), Cho Oyu (8188m), Lhotse (8414m), Lhotse-Shar (8393m), and Makalu (8463m),
- sighting the Ngozumpa glacier- the biggest glacier in Nepal and
- Experience the culture of the Sherpas and witness tranquil monasteries.
This strenuous trek will take you to a maximum altitude of 5,550 meters. The best times to take on this trek are February to May and September to November. To avoid the cold and rain, these months serve as the best dates as you also witness a beautiful view of the scenery as the weather clears. You can contact us for further details.
Sele la pass
The Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is one of the most challenging treks in Nepal. Situated between the borders of Sikkim and Tibet, this circuit goes around the world's third tallest peak: Kanchenjunga (8,586m).
The Major Attractions of this Trek
- Panoramic views of Mt. Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8414m) and the Kanchenjunga range, and the Kanchenjunga Glacier,
- elusive wildlife: Snow Leopards, Musk Deer, Red Pandas, and
- The lifestyle of the communities of Rais, Limbus, and Tibetan-Buddhists.
You will be traveling at varying altitudes on this trek. The highest height you will reach is 5,140 meters at Pang Pema. This circuit can take an average of 25 days. October and November and March and April are the best time to go on this trek as the weather is dry and the skies are clear. Feel free to contact us for additional information.
- Kanchenjunga circuit trek
- Kanchenjunga north base camp trek
- Kanchenjunga south base camp trek
Langtang Gosainkunda Adventure
Lauribina la pass
In the northern part of Nepal is the Langtang region, where you will find the sacred lakes of Gosainkunda with the Langtang Gosainkunda Lake trek.
The Major Attraction of this Trek
- the sacred lakes of Gosaikunda,
- high mountain pastures, glacial peaks,
- mind-blowing sunrise views over the Langtang ranges and,
- The lifestyle and culture of the Tibetan/Tamang communities of this valley.
- You can spot species of Red Pandas, Snow Wolves, and Himalayan tahrs.
You will be traveling to a maximum altitude of 4,610 meters. This trek can take up to 16 days to complete. The ideal time to do this trek is during October-November and March-April. During this time, the weather will be dry and moderately cold, and you will have clear views of the mountain ranges. You can contact us for more information about the trek.
These are just mere glimpses of trekking adventure options in Nepal. Besides these, there are still plenty more. Any thirst you have for thrill and adventure is sure to be quenched. From ascents that make you huff and puff, descents that make your heart thump wildly, mind-numbing cold, and sheer awe when witnessing a colossal giant softened by pearl-white snow, Nepal will make you shiver, jump, and marvel at its wonders! Make sure you experience this wonderful nation and its bag of excitement!