Cost Breakdown of the Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
You can get a visa on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport. You can also apply for a visa online before arriving in Nepal if you like to stay organized.
The Nepal government issues visas for 15, 30, and 90 days with the cost of $30, $50, and $125, respectively. For further information, you can visit the Department of Immigration’s official website.
You will have a delicious breakfast at the Everest view hotel during the trip. The Everest view hotel, situated at 3830m is the highest placed hotel in the world. The price of the meal varies according to the food item on the menu and time of the year.
Besides these, meals and accommodation cost in Kathmandu varies significantly as well. You can find decent accommodation in and around Kathmandu within $5-$35 a night. You can also choose to stay at a five-star luxury accommodation that costs around $250 a night.
Travel Insurance Cost
Travel insurance is an integral part of the Everest Base Camp helicopter landing tour. You should get the best travel insurance package possible on your budget. You should be careful that most insurance packages only cover up to a height of 4000m.
You need to get the right insurance package that includes emergency evacuation and rescue over 5000 meters. The travel insurance costs around USD 120 per person. This amount also depends on the company’s policies and the duration of the trip.
The Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour package does not include any of your expenses related to food, drinks, and tips in Kathmandu. Tipping is not mandatory but in the high mountains, people generally expect you to tip.
The local area permit costs USD 20 per person. The cost of the Sagarmatha National Park entry permit is USD 30 per person. These are VAT included fees, and you can get them at the Nepal Tourism Board’s office in Kathmandu.
International airfare to and from Nepal is upon you and you have to bear all the necessary airfares on your own. However, we can help you to get the best deals possible.
Total Overall Cost
Overall, the Everest Base Camp Helicopter landing tour cost is USD 1000 per person if you take the group package. You can join a group that consists of a maximum of 5 people. If you wish to take the private Everest base camp Helicopter tour, it would cost you USD 3650.
You should also check all the cost details to learn more about what gets included in the tour package. You can then separate costs for other miscellaneous expenses that are not included in the package.
Kathmandu to Lukla (50-55 minutes)
The Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour starts with a pickup from the hotel in Kathmandu. You will get picked from the Tribhuvan International Airport and then you can board the helicopter for a scenic helicopter flight to Lukla.
The total flight duration of Lukla airport is 50-55 minutes. The helicopter will land at Lukla for refuelling, which takes about 10-15 minutes.
Lukla to Everest Base Camp/Kala Pathar (25 minutes)
The helicopter flight then proceeds to Everest Base Camp/ Kala Patthar from Lukla for a sightseeing adventure. The scenic 25 minutes flights give you an incredible insight into the Khumbu region. You will land in either Kala Patthar or Everest Base Camp.
The fantastic scenery of the Everest base camp will overwhelm you. You can explore the majestic place and take beautiful pictures.
Breakfast at Everest view hotel (40 minutes)
After exploring around Kala Pathar, you will fly to the spectacular Everest view hotel. The Everest view hotel is the highest placed hotel in the world where you will have a satisfying breakfast with the close-up views of Mt. Everest and surrounding mountains.
The 40 minutes stay at the hotel is a lovely experience in itself. After a beautiful experience, you will fly back to Kathmandu after stopping at Lukla for refuelling.
Syangboche to Lukla and then to Kathmandu
You will stop at Lukla airport for refuelling and then resume your flight back to Kathmandu. You can enjoy the beautiful mountain scenario for one last time on your flight back to Kathmandu airport.
What to Expect in the Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour?
View from Everest view hotel
- Spectacular aerial view of the highest mountain in the world, Mt. Everest
- Awe-inspiring aerial views of Sherpa settlements and monasteries
- Incredible mountain views of Lhotse (8516m), Nuptse (7861m), Makalu (8,481m), Cho Oyu (8201m), and others
- Outstanding aerial views of landscapes of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sagarmatha National Park
- A safe and comfortable flight to the mountains
- Overlooking the scenic glaciers, icefalls, lakes of the Everest region
- Airport pickup to and from the hotel
- Ground transportation fares including a private vehicle ride to and from the hotel
- Helicopter ticket for the flight tour with an experienced pilot
- All government taxes
What’s not included
- International airfare
- All your meals and drinks in Kathmandu
- Your Breakfast at the Everest View Hotel
- Visa fees to Nepal
- Travel and medical Insurance
- Tipping fees
- Personal expenses
- Things that are not mentioned in the include section
When is the Best Time for Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour?
The weather at Everest Base Camp is unpredictable, and thus the best time for the helicopter tour in the Everest region is difficult to predict. The weather conditions affect the landing of the helicopter in the Base Camp.
The helicopter tour in the months of (March to June) and (September to December) provide you with the best view and stable conditions. The weather remains fine most of the time and the skies are clear and bright. There are fewer chances of rainfall and other weather changes during these months. The perfect views of Everest and surrounding mountains are outstanding.
However, the weather changes within hours in the Everest region all the time of the year. During the rainy season (June, July, August), the weather fluctuates, and there are frequent rainfalls during evenings and nights. The mornings are generally clear in Monsoon. The panoramic view of the Himalayas after heavy rainfall is spectacular.
There can be delays and cancellation of helicopter flights based on the frequent weather changes. The weather must be clear and stable to proceed with the helicopter flight. Overall, the weather is difficult to predict, but the months (March to June) and (September to December) provide you with the best chance to tour the Everest region.
What To Take During Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour?
- Warm clothes including thermals and a warm jacket for exploring around Everest Base Camp/ Kalapathar
- Sunscreen lotions and lip balms
- A Camera to take beautiful pictures
- Day backpack with some Light snacks, chocolates, dry fruits and 2 Bottles of water
Safety Tips For The Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
- Wear seat-belt at all time during the flight
- Do not leave your assigned seats during the flight
- Do not stand or change your position
- Do not throw any objects off from the helicopter during your flight
- Do not smoke until the flight captains signal it safe to smoke
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Cost - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I Book Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour?
You can follow the easy steps and book the Everest Base Camp helicopter tour online. You will need to provide us with the exact date of the trip in advance.
2. Are There Any Additional Costs?
There are no additional costs provided the itinerary gets followed.
3. Does the EBC helicopter Flight Land in Everest Base Camp?
Yes, EBC helicopter flight lands in Everest Base Camp. The weather conditions around the Everest base camp directly affect the landing. Landing at the base camp also requires special permission. The harsh winds, rainfalls, and avalanches around the region affect the landing as well.
4. Why is Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Costlier than other mountain flights?
The Everest Base Camp helicopter tour is a scenic aerial tour with the feature of landing at the Everest base camp. The Everest mountain flight is a tour of the Everest region, but the flight does not land at the Everest base camp.
The EBC helicopter tour also stops at Everest View Hotel in Syangboche. You will have breakfast at the hotel, which is the highest placed in hotels in the world. Hence, these factors make the mount Everest helicopter tour cost higher than other mountain flights.
5. Is Private Helicopter Tour to Everest Base Camp Available?
Yes, the private Helicopter tour to Everest Base Camp is available. Our experienced pilots and guides provide the best services for a private tour.
You can also share the helicopter costs by taking the group joining the trip. A private tour to the base of Mount Everest is ideal if you want to travel to the base camp on your own.
6. What is the cost of a helicopter ride to Everest base camp if travelling with a group?
The Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour cost is USD 1000 per person if you take the group package.
7. How many people are in a group?
A group consists of a maximum of 5 people.
8. What is the cost of the Everest base camp helicopter tour for a private tour?
If you wish to take the private Everest base camp tour, it would cost you USD 3650.
Why Book With Us?
- The easy online booking process
- Customizable departure dates
- We prioritize your safety over anything else
- We have a 100% safety records
- Our private and group flight bookings are available at reasonable prices
- Easy payment and refundable policies
- Excellent and quick services
- Proper care during the flight
- Medical assistance during flights, if needed
- Round the clock service
- Guaranteed departure on every booking (based on the weather conditions)
The Final Say
The Everest Base Camp helicopter tour is a unique experience to observe the Himalayan vista from up above the sky. The tour is a perfect alternative to the Everest base camp trek. You can observe the beautiful mountains without the hassle of trekking in the region.
Our Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour cost is reasonable and we provide the best services too. You can customize your trip as there are both private touring and group tour options. Overall, the Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour in the mountains is a perfect way to explore the Everest region and the Everest Base Camp in a day.